Thursday, February 25, 2010

2010 Winter Olympics

This blog was inspired by a friends blog that really got me a little annoyed I suppose. she recently posted a blag stating that she "Don't give a damn about them".

To be honest I was rather put off by her lack of spirit and support for her country! I love Canada, I am VERY proud to be a Canadian. I love watching the Olympics and seeing how good we are doing. Just yesterday Canada won 4 Medals. Two of which came from the same sport (Gold and Silver in Womens 2 person Bobsleigh) . And tonight our Womens hockey team will be facing off against the USA for the Gold Medal and you can bet your ass I will be glued to the big screen watching every second of it. The Winter Olympics is one of my favorite televised sporting events, it contains my two favorite sports Hockey and Curling. Both of which Canada kicks ass at.

I am baffled everyday by the amount of people who don't care about the Olympics and frankly don't care if we even medal. Currently Canada is sitting 4th with 15 medals, 7 of which are Gold. Sure the Americans are doing better but they have a shit load of bronze medals, I would rather my country be amazing at a few sports then mediocre at a whole bunch. And if tonight goes as planned you can add another gold medal.

Yesterday, after winning 4 medals in one day and having our mens hockey team kick some Russian ass I must say I was damn Proud to be Canadian!

For those of you that don't care about the Olympics and how your country does....shame on you. I support Canadian Olympic athletes 100% and even more so for the ones that are from Manitoba!!

2 comments:

  1. In case you haven't noticed, the Olympics is all about making money. The Olympics Games is a trademarked phrase. Somebody owns it and makes a shit ton of money off of it.

    I'm proud to be Canadian. I don't need an Olympics hosted in my country to prove that. I donate money to Canadian organizations I believe in. Do you donate money to Canadian athletes?

    Knowing that my country ranks in the top ten in the world is satisfying I guess, but I have to say, overall, I'm not interested in tuning into the Olympics or reading about it. This does not mean I hate the Olympics.

    I'm not interested in the Stanley Cup, Scotties Tournament of Hearts, or the World Figure Skating Champtionships either. To me, the Olympics is no different than these events. It's just another game with a fancier title.

    When it comes the Olympics, I am neutral. I feel neither positively nor negatively about them. They are just there and I am just here. I'm not trying to boycott them. It's great that the Olympic traditions have carried through the years, but I have better things to do than sit around and watch the TV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe its to do with my love of sports. I really enjoying watching them...hockey especially is a sport I love. and the fact that hockey is Canada's sport makes me enjoy it even more and watch....we are currently sitting at 2-0 a the end of the first period...we will win I will celebrate.

    ReplyDelete