Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Dynamics of a Bed Buddy

Bed Buddies, Fuck Friends, Friends with Benefits, or my personal favorite Romantic Friends.

Whatever the term you use they all boil down to the same thing: two people who aren’t dating and have no interest in dating each other but still have sex.

Personally I’ve had several romantic friends….some worked out really great; some on the other hand were totally disastrous. Now you ask; why were they so horrible? It’s simple really; they didn’t fit with the rules. Now these rules are my own personal rules and I have found them to be HIGHLY affective in having a successful romantic friend’s relationship. These rules may not be right for you; you may find that some parts have to be changed to work for you.

THE RULES

#1 –FULL DISCLOSURE.

This one is the most important. By this I mean about EVERYTHING. First and foremost, is past partners and STI testing. When I decide to take a new romantic friend I’m honest with them about the number of people I have hooked up with and I’m also honest with them about any possible STI’s and I expect the same from them. I also expect them to have regular STI testing, and because we live in Canada you can go to your doc and get it done and it costs nothing. I don’t want to put myself at risk so yes I am picky with the cleanliness of those I hook up with. Now full disclosure doesn’t only apply to the physical aspect, it also works with emotions. I’m honest with my intentions when acquiring a new romantic friend and I expect the same in return. The deal is that if either of us starts to develop real feelings for each other we tell them. Honesty is the best policy in this case, because should it happen we deal with it at the time, who knows maybe our sex could develop into something real…..who am I kidding that wont happen to me.

#2 – PROTECTION

Again, this is a very, very important rule and connects directly to rule #1. I always use condoms and the pill when I have a romantic friend on the go. As much as I hate condoms they are necessary, I don’t want an STI nor do I want a baby. And I’m pretty sure the guy I’m having sex with doesn’t want one either….at least not with me that’s why were just fucking and not in a real relationship.

#3 – THE FRIEND CLAUSE

Romantic Friends aren’t actually friends. I find it easiest to have a guy who is outside my circle of friends, someone that no one really knows or talks to. Having sex regularly with a friend can make things awkward, unless you’re both amazing actors. Most people can’t hide the fact that they’ve slept with someone when their around them, it’s like part of human nature. I’m good at it though, actually scarily good. But I have yet to find a guy who’s anywhere near my level. Thus I don’t do romantic friends with people are actually my friends. Things just get messy and weird, especially when your other friends find out.

#4 – PROXIMITY and LOGISTICS

There are a lot of logistics involved with romantic friends. Like how close they live, if they have their own place or vehicle. I don’t have fuck buddies outside the city limits. I’ve done it once or twice for guys who were amazingly hot and amazing in bed…but in the end the distance really killed it. I don’t want to drive an hour for an hour of sex and then drive back…..that takes three hours, I like hook ups to be less time consuming, unless all three of those hours are spent fucking. I also don’t have ones that don’t have their own mode of transportation, I’m not going drive all the time for sex, especially if I can get it somewhere else and not have to work so hard. I prefer guys who have their own place, cause I live with my parents and the makes casual sex kind of hard. Not that I don’t enjoy some fun on a dirt road in the back seat, but I prefer indoors.

#5 - ATTRACTION

This is short and simple…you can’t have a romantic friend you’re not attracted to. You can try really hard but it never works. You have to be physically attracted to the person your fucking otherwise the sex will in no way be enjoyable.

#6 – INVISIBILTY

I know odd title but it makes sense. Your romantic friend should be pretty much invisible in your life; your parents should never meet him. My parents have met a whole ONE of my romantic friends and that’s because he was a family friend to begin with and that was a short lived disaster. They didn’t actually know of course. But still, the fact remains the same don’t tell people about the guy, don’t introduce him to your parents as a friend. Just keep him to your self and have fun with him.

Well there you have it; those are my simple and easy to follow rules for having a successful casual sex based relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment