Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Happy Birthday.....Maybe

I consider myself to be a very good friend. I am there for my friends when ever they need me, I celebrate their birthdays and other big occasions with them when needed. Thankfully my friends do the same for me. I will drop most anything if one of my good friends truly needs me, mostly because these people have been there for me through a lot of crazy ass things in my life.

Recently, a close friend of mine got in a fight with another friend of hers. It was over the date she choose to do something for her birthday. The two have been best friends for well over 7 years, at which point you would think they would know each others birthday. I common courtesy I give to all my friends is that the weekend of their birthday I make sure to be free so that we can go out and celebrate together. If I'm unsure if they will do it the weekend before for after I simply ask.

I don't understand how someone can claim to be your 'Best Friend' and then forget which weekend your birthday day is, better yet how said person can get mad at you for then plans you made cause they already had plans. It just seems so selfish to me. I make the effort to be around for all my friends birthdays, and if for some reason I can't be I find a way to make it up.

I know it seems like I'm making a huge deal out of a simple birthday, but they mean a lot to me. I think birthdays are very, very important. Getting to spend the night with your friends celebrating another year you have been alive seems like a big deal to me. You never know when your last birthday will be so I say why not make each one count?

1 comment:

  1. Sweet blog! I love the colours, they remind me of a big pink frosted birthday cake! Yummy!

    Also, you're totally an amazing friend! Whoever this "friend" is who's ditching the birthday hopefully snaps out of it soon.

    ReplyDelete